Monday 19 March 2012

Time stands still for no one



Time stands still for no one.  Of course we; as society, have an unspoken agreement that some truth radiates from this statement.  And yet I am still pondering how I willingly allowed so much time to escape my grasp without coming in to my consciousness. 


After a recent refocus of my direction, my gaze, I became acutely aware of what was consuming my time.  Of course there is the concept of an individual’s job or career.  But it is here where my thought process, until recently, ceased.   At the time I seemed quite content on building the foundation of my career and working 9-5.  Don’t mistake me.  I am very passionate about what I do for a living.  But upon reflection my soul didn’t feel like I was living. 

My world was consumed with delineations.  I, in essence, was wasting time.  Take a moment to reflect on all the things that consume your time?  You could probably quite easily articulate numerous hobbies and projects that form part of your world.  Take a moment to reflect on your social media page.  Across that you may discover numerous themes of your life shine through – television shows, music, gardening, wake boarding, shopping, dancing, cooking, journal articles, gym, finance etc. 
By having an awareness of these time consumptions we allow ourselves the opportunity to refocus our gaze on a few passions.  For me they are; my family, writing, baking, photography and health and fitness.  By establishing what is important to me I have created time for opportunities that I previously couldn’t grasp.  This in itself is an example.

Don’t waste time-it doesn’t stand still.  But you have the ability to create space (time) in your world by re-focussing and analysing what is important to you therein will lie endless opportunities for happiness.  Believe me - it has made my life emazingly sweet.

Xx em xX

1 comment:

Istok said...

Great post!

For me, It's too easy to forget that life is gestalt; it's sum is more than just the sum of it's parts. But those parts really define the life you live and the impact you have on it. Given the amount of time spent in sleep, work, and general maintenance, what remains really is precious. I think it's important to spend as much of it concentrating on things that bring you joy as possible.

Post a Comment